… Leave no trace except footprints in the sand
- In Oman, transportation can be by air, ferry, coach, van, Dhow, car and 4×4 wheel drive vehicles depending on your program.
- In the Wahiba Sands – As Sharqiya or any desert expedition 4×4 wheel drive vehicles are utilized.
- In the mountains and wadis of Al Dakhaliya 4×4 wheel drive vehicles are utilized.
- Recommended clothing will be suggested.
- Bring your bathing suit.
- A detailed itinerary will be provided.
- Accommodation is chosen based on service, location, price and availability.
- Camping is generally in Arabic style tents with western beds and linens and en-suite bathroom facilities.
What to expect in the Wahiba Sands – As Sharqiya
- The Wahiba Sands – As Sharqiya in the Sultanate of Oman is nearby Ras Al Jinz, the eastern most point on the Arabian Peninsula. The Wahiba is unique as documented by the Royal Geographical Society for its 150 species of native flora, 200 species of wildlife along with 16,000 invertebrates. It is a unique and special place to experience.
- Traditional Omani food is served and cooked by the permanent team on site. Food tends to be a little spicy due to the rich historical influences in Oman over the centuries.
- In the Wahiba Sands it is not generally feasible to provide specific dietary requests as food is served buffet style for all guests during breakfast and dinner. But, that said, the team would strive to assist with a specific request if feasible and if advised well in advance of the traveler’s arrival.
- Tents are Arabic traditional style with western beds and linens along with en-suite bathrooms.
- Camel trips can be arranged in advance for a memorable jaunt at sunset or sunrise.
- All desert trips are customized based on the number and duration of nights/days and the time of the year.