… Leave no trace except footprints in the sand
- In Kingdom, transportation will be both by air, coach and car except when in the desert.
- For programs that include Ar Rub Al Khali, the Empty Quarter or any desert expedition, 4×4 wheel drive vehicles are used.
- Alcohol is forbidden.
- Recommended clothing will be suggested.
- A detailed itinerary will be provided.
- Accommodation is chosen based on service, location and price.
- A sense of adventure is necessary and being able to roll with the punches.
What to Expect in the Empty Quarter
- The Empty Quarter in Saudi Arabia is the largest sand desert in the world, the size of France.
- Traditional Saudi food is served in the Empty Quarter cooked by the team.
- In the Empty Quarter it is realistically not feasible to provide specific dietary requests.
- Empty Quarter trips/expeditions require a minimum of 8 travelers.
- Tents are pop up style and catering to singles or couples.
- Sleeping bags are Saudi style with heavy duty canvas, snug and warm for the desert nights when temperatures can drop quickly.
- Folding foam mattresses are provided.
- A maximum of 10 Kilos (22lbs) including back pack and camera bag is allowed per traveler on any trip/expedition in the Empty Quarter.
- All desert trips are customized based on the number and duration of nights/days and the time of the year.